Standing out in the cloud is not easy, but Wenderoth is focused on just that with our clients’ trademark matters. We serve clients in securing robust protection for brand names, slogans, and designs to distinguish client products and services in our saturated, digital age and in defending against claims of misuse and infringement.
Protecting and Advancing Our Clients’ IP Assets
At Wenderoth, trademark prosecution is not route filing and administration — Wenderoth safeguards valuable trademark assets by creating a nuanced and comprehensive global strategy for each mark. Our trademark focus includes assessing and integrating search results, litigation risks, and future client brand expansion goals into brand portfolio management best practices.
Our trademark clients range from individuals and start-up companies to Fortune 100 companies. Wenderoth works closely with U.S. Customs and Border Protection in protecting clients from counterfeit and parallel imports, including IP e-Recordations, e-Allegations, Product Identification Guides, Formal Ruling Requests and Customs Presentations that have successfully resulted in the seizure of counterfeit merchandise infringing client marks.
Wenderoth advises clients, marketing divisions, product development teams and others regarding trademark, comparative advertising, right of publicity issues and in preparing in-house trademark usage guidelines.
Experience That Delivers Results
Wenderoth’s trademark team has vast experience within the field, including as a former Trademark Examining Attorney at the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office. Our attorneys have prosecuted several thousand domestic and foreign applications covering all types and facets of goods and services, ranging from luxury goods, food and beverages, and computer software and Internet-based services. Our trademark team at Wenderoth has represented clients from all sides of the issues, from opinions to clearance and protection of trademarks, to defense against trademark bullying and improper claims of misuse and infringement.
We provide a range of strategic counseling services to help make the most of client marks, including:
- Domestic and international trademark prosecution
- Trademark portfolio management, including acquisition and sale of rights, as well as clearance, selection, and fair use advice
- Appeals before the Trademark Trial and Appeal Board litigation
- Trademark Oppositions and Cancellations
- Product configuration and product packaging protection issues and strategies
- Geographic indications issues and strategies
- Advising on the validity of claims of misuse and infringement
- Internet and social media issues and strategies, related to, e.g., ISP secondary liability; misuse in social media; cybersquatting; and massively multiplayer online gaming (MMOG) issues
- Drafting trademark licenses, joint and web development agreements, sponsorship and endorsement agreements, and trademark terms of condition.
Learn more about our firm here.