Sasha Varghese focuses on preparing and prosecuting patent applications in mechanical, electrical, aerospace and industrial technologies on behalf of domestic and foreign clients. Sasha's expertise concerns all aspects of patent law including procurement, validity, infringement, AIA compliance, patent term adjustment, appellate procedure, and post grant proceedings.
In particular, Sasha's practice encompasses a broad spectrum of technologies including:
- Display devices, speakers
- Wireless communications and networks
- Biomedical and surgical devices
- Utility vehicles
- Rotary machines, turbines, impellers
- Laser beam apparatus
Prior to joining Wenderoth, Sasha worked as a Patent Examiner for the United States Patent and Trademark Office and served as a Commerce Learning Center Instructor of Persuasive Writing, a Quality Enhancement Lead, and a Patent Training Academy Trainer.
When not practicing law, Sasha enjoys doing anything automotive, reading books by C.S. Lewis, and rowing on the Potomac River.
- American Intellectual Property Law Association
- American Bar Association
- Volunteering at McLean Bible Church Turkey Outreach Program and Columbus Day Washington Prayer Gathering
- Habitat for Humanity
- French (basic)
- Sasha T. Varghese, Nanotechnological Exceptionalism: Distinguishing Nanotech as Sui Generis from a Legal Vantage, 15 FLA. Coastal L. Rev. 3 (2014)