Nils has been with Wenderoth for over 26 years, and in that time his practice has focused on the preparation and prosecution of utility patent applications for mechanical and electrical inventions, but also includes design patents and trademark and service mark applications. Nils has provided our clients expert guidance on patent infringement and validity issues and patent prosecution practice.
Nils’ practice has ranged over a wide array of technologies including:
- Steam turbine structure and layout
- Natural gas shutoff technology
- Slides, guides, dampers and hinges for furniture components
- Semiconductor manufacturing equipment
- Design and manufacture of gemstones
- Oil and gas exploration and production equipment
- Control systems
Typical clients range from independent inventors and small businesses to global companies such as Panasonic Corporation, Mitsubishi Heavy Industries, Ltd., D. Swarovski KG and Julius Blum GmbH.
Nils has given classes and lectured on a number of legal topics to various community groups and organizations, especially discussing recent events and decisions in patent law.
Prior to his legal career, Nils spent four years as a Patent Examiner with the United States Patent and Trademark Office.
- American Intellectual Property Law Association
- Intellectual Property Owner’s Association
- American Bar Association