Mike has practiced in the intellectual property field since 1982, and specializes in mechanical patent prosecution. He has experience in preparing and prosecuting patent applications, including reexamination and reissue applications, and preparing infringement and validity opinions. Mike has also served as a patent expert witness and counsels international and domestic clients on all aspects of patent law.
Mike’s practice includes a wide range of technologies including:
- Brake systems
- Power supply and charging mechanisms for portable electronic devices and vehicles
- Fluid handling and dispensing, land and offshore energy exploration equipment
- Medical and surgical instruments
- Static structures
- Thermal and combustion technology
Prior to joining Wenderoth, Mike spent thirteen years at the United States Patent and Trademark Office in Technology Center 3100. While at the Patent Office, he attained the level of Primary Examiner and was promoted to Supervisory Patent Examiner. Mike also worked as a Petitions Examiner while detailed to Office of the Assistant Commissioner for Patents.
- American Intellectual Property Law Association
- Intellectual Property Owner’s Association
- American Bar Association
- Coaching youth basketball and soccer